Week 8: Elephant Feet

Have you ever thought about an elephant's feet? I hadn't, not until I saw this picture.
Greg du Toit took this photo from inside a waterhole in Botswana. Born in South Africa, he is a professional wildlife photographer (we are going on one of his safaris for our photography trip). Looking into his work, I became interested in the kinds of pictures he takes and how he takes them. Perspective is an incredibly powerful thing, and he messes with it in a tasteful way, especially in his project "Inside the Waterhole." 
Photography well-done allows us to see through different eyes. We instantly switch from looking to seeing. It allows us to focus on pieces that then change the way we think of the whole. The world around us then becomes richer and fuller, more meaningful and more inspiring. We start thinking about elephant feet. I want this for my photography, to help people see.

Link to Greg du Toit's photos and website: http://gregdutoit.com/index.php?page=elephant_montage_ftf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15: To End

I knew nothing about photography coming into this course in August. I had no idea what all the buttons on a camera even meant or did. Looki...